These are the excerpts from the Lucknow Shivir May 2010 Special Telecast on Aastha channel, in which Babaji revealed many secrets. As usual, Babaji did not reveal it all directly but there are so many gems hidden in the words as hints and secrets. I am putting here the direct translation of Babaji's spoken words that I took down while watching the program, with the only changes made in English grammar. Whatever is in brackets I have tried to additionally add my words, which might help.
- There are two important mudras:
- Shambhavi – This will slowly happen in ShivYog sadhana. This is when both eyes turn upwards to point at the third eye.
- Kechari – This is when the tongue rolls inward and amrit (ambrosial nectar) flows from the pineal gland (from behind the third eye under the brain)
- When one is totally connected and does any karma then it becomes leela.
- Babaji mentioned about a Goan lady who met him after the Goa Shivir and thanked Babaji for making her experience the teachings of Christianity. She further said that she would inform the Bishop that Babaji teaches this well and to arrange for something like this. (I, being a Christian by birth totally agree with this and that is what made my smooth transition to practice ShivYog. I had made a mention of this in a previous article on Jesus Christ’s two main teachings of unconditional love and forgiveness that he practiced himself.)
- Become a blessing machine. Go on blessing anything and everything around you (from the heart).
Maa (Divine Mother) says, “Mujhe jis roop mein dhyaoge, mai us roop mein tumhare paas aaoongi.” Whatever your emotions, so the energy, so the shakti and so Maa’s presence to you in that form.
- All lokas (planes) are within; all is within – Indra, devatha, asur….
- Advait ki sadhana – Sathya ki sadhana.
- Follow nonduality at all times. Nonduality means one. Choose only one emotion at all times – happiness, peace, love, etc.
- I am asking you to be nondual by asking you to be in the present always and you are instead being not in duality but triality – past, present and future.
- ShivYog is saam marg (only positivity). Choose saam marg and not vaam marg.
- Choose one and always stick with it – irrespective of what people say.
- When you exercise the power to choose in everything from selecting clothes to food why don’t you exercise your power to choose between good and bad?
- Once you choose what you want, refuse to believe what you don’t want – reject it!
- Refuse to believe that God or guru is angry with you for something; they can never be because to become angry one needs to become negative first!
- A secret – When someone has a health problem, say for example, a problem in the heart, ask that person to just think lovingly about the heart and it will start healing.
- The moment one thinks of causing damage to someone, lots of punyas (good karma) gets burnt.
The people with whom you have problem with and are unable to forgive, they will be born in next life with your as brother-sister, mother-son, father-son, daughter-mother, etc.
- Good and bad are your definitions. Witness everything and relish happiness in everything. If you are drinking tea relish it’s taste – good, refreshing, spicy, bad – even if it is bad, relish in happiness and say “what a horrible tea!”.
- You are in ShivYog school. In the start there will be problems and failures but ShivYogis never give up!
- If you are persistent in your sadhana and in burning your negative karmas then a day will come when everything suddenly opens up and your path will be clear and quicker. Sometimes people quit when there are just very close to the goal.
- I did intense sadhana and got siddhis but later I realized that the power of unconditional love is the greatest power before which siddhis are nothing. Even bhoot/preths started calming down with unconditional love.
- My guru always said, “Sadhana mein bhatakna nahi” (Do not wander off in your spiritual practice). In the start he deliberately allowed me to wander off and when I asked him why did he allow me to wander off at times, he said he wanted me to learn what is maya (illusion).
- Collective consciousness (collective consciousness in family, society, countries) has to be healed because even if one percent of the consciousness is suffering, a percentage of that is passed on to the rest of the consciousness and all suffer somewhere or the other.
- When a ShivYog sadhak does sadhana a certain percentage of the sadhana passes on to the rest of the percentage (family, society, population).
- Why does success not happen? Because of the mind creating fluctuating neuropathways – one moment it creates positive neuropathways and the other moment negative neuropathways. Choose one always – nonduality.
- Focus all your energies in one direction (instead of scattering it everywhere) like a convex lens on a piece of paper under the sun. (where it takes in scattered sunlight and focuses it on one point where it gets so intense with heat that it catches fire).
- Focus on sadhana and nishkaam seva to burn your negative karmas.
- ShivYog sadhana is not only for 30 minutes and then forgotten about. ShivYog sadhana has to be put into every moment of your life.
- Don’t let the 5 vices get you:
- Kaam (lust): Kaam is not bad until it is not excessive, like agni (fire) is not bad until it is used for cooking. If excessive, it goes haywire it burns the person using fire. If you channel it urdvaretha (upwards) it turns into creativity otherwise it flows down like when there are holes in a bucket even the amrit seeps out and gets mixed in the soil. Again, choose (nonduality) creativity.
- Krodh (anger): Don’t try to “destroy” any of these 5 vices because destroy means negative. Again, choose peace.
- Lobh (greed): Choose contentment.
- Moh (infatuation): Choose detachment (nonexpectation) and unconditional love. Moh is always conditional – if someone says he/she loves you it is fine but the moment he/she says “I don’t love you anymore” then your love turns into hate or anger. That is conditional. Choose the opposite - unconditional love.
- Ahankaar (ego): Choose vinamratha (humility).
- You have come to see the “cinema” of the world. Watch (witness) the film like how you watch the film in a multiplex. If the movie is only of one emotion it will get boring, it has all emotions, you watch it as a spectator.
- Why do you only bathe your physical body and why not bathe your real self? Bathe your koshas with the amrit (nectar) from above.
- Whenever any ShivYog sadhak goes into the intoxicated state (kind of sleepy state) the pineal gland starts releasing hormones (amrit) and that is what makes you feel in peace and bliss.
- I am giving this shakti to you only for good things. If you use it for anything negative, the shakti will come back to me. This is my sankalp! Use it only for your good and the good of others.
A ShivYogi never complains but creates!
- You are giving happiness because that is what you have. You are giving sorrow because that is what you have. You can give only what you have.
- You can achieve anything you want in life if you help others achieve what they want in life.
- Your existence itself should be a cause for everyone’s happiness and love – that is a ShivYog sadhak.
- Every religion has something or the other to teach. All religions have the God and Devil. Do not avert from anybody’s teachings. The names are different but the aim and goal of every religion is the very same. Learn from all religions.
- I don’t mean you should change your religion. If you leave one religion and get into another then your consciousness will always poke you.
- Whatever happens here, do not react and run to the hospital; you are detoxifying. You can have many symptoms from loose motions to headaches and vomiting.
- Guru is important for Sri Vidya sadhana and it has to be done under the guidance of a guru, one who has gained siddhi in 10 mahavidya. (here, under guru's guidance does not mean one-to-one guidance)
- The 10 mahavidya was earlier compressed into three main vidyas - Haadi vidya, kaadi vidya and saadi vidya. Later on since it was found that it was difficult to attain siddhi on these vidyas in one lifetime, it was compressed to one vidya - Sri Vidya.
- There are two forms of Sri Vidya from Sri Adi Shankaracharya:
- Sri Vidya Upasana - Which has karm kaand involving havan, puja, rituals, muhurath, direction, etc. This Vidya was given to Brahmans which was passed down in the Brahman generations. In this dualistic practice, you achieve things but karmas are not burnt and there is no purification. There is also asathi (attachment, greed, fear, etc) thus no liberation.
- Sri Vidya Sadhana - The Advait (nondualistic) sadhana which was given to Siddhas and it passed down in the guru-shishya parampara. In this practice there is materialization as well as destruction of karma and purification. It enables one for bhoga and moksha.
It is not a simple Vidya that is whey there are 11 deekshas in Sri Vidya. This sadhana was done by all great rishis and siddhas.
The Soundarya Lahari, Lalita Sahasranam and other materials will be made available soon (in the Divine shop) for those who want to practice this also.
- In the lower part of the sushmna is stored the tamoguna (greed, anger, fear, etc)
- In the middle part of the sushumna is stored the rajoguna (dominance, lust, etc)
- In the upper part of the sushumna is stored the satoguna (pure, positive)
- All past karmas are stored in the base of the sushumna.
I have only noted what I felt was important and if you wish to listen to the entire discourses you may download it here. A million thanks to Saurabh for all his efforts in recording and uploading the files for us.
Links to more of Babaji's precious teachings: